As we have been deemed an essential service by the provincial governments in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan, ClearStream and all of its divisions, remain fully operational. Our employees’ health and safety remains our top priority, and we are sincerely thankful for their loyalty and resilience.
We have taken the following actions to protect our employees, clients, vendors and the community at large:
- For our office employees, to avoid unnecessary commutes to work and crowded spaces, we temporarily closed our Calgary and Edmonton offices, and our employees are working remotely from home. Employees at other locations have been encouraged to do so where possible.
- For our shop employees, we have implemented staggered shifts and decreased the number of employees working in the shop at any given time, in accordance with the guidelines provided by the Federal and Provincial governments. If any of the workers display symptoms, they have been advised to stay at home and contact their manager.
- ClearStream implemented an employee questionnaire to determine the risk level to our sites, and we continue to use this tool in addition to reviewing further measures such as temperature scans prior to entering a site as a means of extra protection.
- Throughout our shops, we have re-organized workstations to adhere to the social distancing guidelines and implemented heightened sanitizing practices to keep the shop clean. Our Supply Chain Management team ensures that we have the required supplies to maintain a high level of cleanliness.
- Our buildings have been secured and appropriately signed to prevent unnecessary access by external visitors. Personal interaction closer than 2 meters is minimized, and in cases where it’s necessary, physical barriers have been provided.
- Our employees are advised to frequently wash their hands and avoid close contact with others as much as possible. Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed at our offices and facilities.
- Proper personal protective equipment has always been required, and we continue to ensure it’s adhered to.
- Our Safety Management System has been updated by adding critical procedures, enhancing specific detail on improved key performance indicators, and including procedural information for a pandemic response. Additionally, we have implemented Energy Safety Canada’s Life Saving Rules to ensure consistency with our clients who have also adopted these rules.
As the situation continues to evolve, we will continue to adapt as quickly as we can. We are here for our employees, clients, vendors and communities. On behalf of ClearStream, we thank you for your support as we navigate through these unprecedented times.